The main objective of this 2nd HERALD.ECI Workshop with hands-on training is to
create an ignition point for competitive proposals resulting in joint, EU-funded research projects under ECI (early career investigator) participation or leadership.
We want the trainees to
- gain advanced ‘theoretical’ knowledge input on how to write competitive proposals & manage EU-funded projects from an EU funding expert & Horizon 2020 coach through an impulse talk plus interactive proposal clinics.
- find excellent, perfectly matching collaboration/ project partners during a welcome mixer.
- exchange experiences with an excellent (female) ALD expert and with an industry partner.
- transfer the newly gained knowledge into advanced ‘practical’ skills by
developing joint proposal ideas,
transitioning specific ideas into concrete proposal drafts, and
starting to write
together in smaller, matched collaboration/ project groups.
- go home with a raw outline and concrete idea description, i. e. the first step of an actual proposal.
Download the Agenda as of 2018/02/19 in pdf format.
- Nikolaos Floratos, Founder of the Funding Expert Academy, is an EU funding expert and Horizon 2020 consultant, coach and trainer with more than 19 years of experience in the area, including financial management and auditing, proposal development, project management, dissemination & exploitation of EU-funded projects.
- Dr. Anjana Devi is working at the Ruhr-University Bochum, Germany. Hailing from India, where she did her schooling, undergraduate and doctoral studies, she moved to Germany as a postdoctoral fellow supported by the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation. She subsequently took up an academic career and is active in the materials chemistry research field with a focus on precursors and processes for atomic layer deposition and chemical vapor deposition of functional materials.
- Picosun is a leading supplier of high-quality ALD thin film coating technology for semiconductor and other industries.
We are sorry but registration for this event is now closed.
Please contact us if you would like to know if spaces are still available.
Full registration provides access to all workshop sessions, including catering for 2 lunches and 1 dinner.
It is intended for HERALD.ECI network members only.
The number of full HERALD.ECI participants is limited to 25.
Guest registration provides access to the open sessions only, including mutual coffee breaks.
It is open for everyone associated with ALD research, HERALD, or ICMAB, etc.
The number of guest participants is limited to 40.
COST Travel Grants
COST Travel Grants are available upon request for 10 trainees from ITCs (inclusiveness target countries);
i. e. Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Croatia, Hungary, Lithuania, Latvia, Luxembourg, Malta, Montenegro, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Slovakia, the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Republic of Serbia and Turkey.
The Workshop Dinner is co-sponsored by Picosun.
HERALD (Hooking together European Research in Atomic Layer Deposition)
COST Action MP1402 – HERALD aims to structure and integrate European research activity in ALD (Atomic Layer Deposition), bringing together existing groups, promoting young scientists and reaching out to industry and the public.
ECI (early career investigator)
Within HERALD, the ECI network aims to promote the next generation of young ALD scientists and help to establish themselves as research leaders in the ALD community.