The main objective of the 3rd HERALD.ECI Workshop with hands-on training is to
find the future road for early career investigator in European ALD research, provide training for efficient and effective networking
We want the trainees to
- gain advanced skills in the ability to communicate and network
- promote further collaboration/disseminate project results in the ECI network.
- exchange experiences with an excellent communication experts.
- find a common future road for the ECIs
- go home with a concrete idea/collaborations for the future
-Specialized training in science communication and networking for the ECI members and guests, by Dr. Simon Elliott and Dr Fergus McAuliffe(open session)
NETWORKING WITH HEAPS OF CHARM
- What makes a good networker memorable?
- How do they seem so carefree and engaging?
- How do they keep the conversation going in those awkward moments of silence?
This hands-on interactive workshop focusses on our ability to communicate your research and work interests clearly and effectively across many audience types. We delve into body language and active listening to engage different audiences, in either group or networking situations. We share coping mechanisms to survive awkward or challenging interactions. Using theatre games and role-playing exercises, this workshop helps you distill your message, craft a short sharp pitch about what you do and provide you with the tools to keep conversation going.
- Group training session in RoadMapping the future of ALD research in Europe, working with the output of HERALD summit 2018 to find future roads for the ECI community
- Open ECI session, with focus on peer to peer interaction
Registration is open.
full registration as HERALD.ECI network member for all sessions
Full registration provides access to all workshop sessions, including catering for 2 lunches and 1 dinner.
It is intended for HERALD.ECI network members only.
The number of full HERALD.ECI participants is limited to 30.
guest registration for open sessions only
Guest registration provides access to the open sessions only, including mutual coffee breaks.
It is open for everyone associated with ALD research, HERALD, or SAS, etc.
The number of guest participants is limited to 40.
We recommend these hotels through booking.com:
Elisabeth Old Town
Hotel Max Inn (in walking distance)
In case of any questions please contact the local organizer at email@example.com
COST Travel Grants
COST Travel Grants are available upon request for 20 trainees, preferably from ITCs (inclusiveness target countries); i.e. Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Croatia, Hungary, Lithuania, Latvia, Luxembourg, Malta, Montenegro, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Slovakia, the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Republic of Serbia and Turkey.
HERALD (Hooking together European Research in Atomic Layer Deposition)
COST Action MP1402 – HERALD aims to structure and integrate European research activity in ALD (Atomic Layer Deposition), bringing together existing groups, promoting young scientists and reaching out to industry and the public.
ECI (early career investigator)
Within HERALD, the ECI network aims to promote the next generation of young ALD scientists and help to establish themselves as research leaders in the ALD community.