The HERALD management committee has decided to devote a special meeting to discussing the Future of HERALD, sustaining the network beyond the end of COST funding in late 2018. The agenda will include
- defining the activities where the ALD community profits from working together, e.g. workshops, conferences, lab visits, travel bursaries, student training, ECI training, industry outreach, white papers for lobbying, databases, joint infrastructure, public engagement;
- financing these activities;
- international cooperation;
- organisational structure (considering existing societies and conferences);
- action plan and timeframe.
All HERALD members are welcome to attend, in particular members of the management committee, as well as interested observers from our partner organisations. Those already planning to attend the ASD Workshop later that day may find it convenient to come early and attend the meeting, while others may prefer to fly in and out from Amsterdam Schiphol airport in one day. It will also be possible to dial in via skype.
Reimbursement of travel costs will be available to a limited number of attendees on a first-come-first-served basis subject to COST rules.
Venue: Andaz Hotel, Prinsengracht 587, 1016 HT Amsterdam, Netherlands
Start: dinner at 19:00 on 19th April 2017 (venue to be announced) & discussions continue from 09:00 on 20th April (at Andaz Hotel), so it will be possible to fly in to Schiphol airport on the morning of 20th April and join the meeting then.
End: 15:00 on 20th April 2017; in time to get train to Eindhoven for the start of the ASD Workshop, or fly home from Schiphol airport.
Registration: Please email the HERALD Chair to register your interest in attending either in person (including applying for travel reimbursement) or remotely via skype. Please also get in touch if you have ideas on this topic that you would like to contribute in advance.